Partner Site Eligibility Requirements
Page Ahead's Book Distribution Program distributes books to children in need from birth to age 12. Along with other requirements listed below, organizations submit an application in order to be considered for services.
In order to be eligible to receive books from Page Ahead, your program must:
- Serve children in Washington State who are economically and/or educationally at-risk. If your program serves fewer than 60% at-risk children, you may target the at-risk population and apply for a book allocation for that group.
- Provide opportunities for parents/guardians to be actively involved in reading activities and events.
- Serve children age birth to age 12 in Washington State through an established reading program.
- Complete and submit a Page Ahead application signed by the individual who will be the on-site coordinator for the book distribution events.
- Place Page Ahead bookplates and the recipient's name in each selected book.
- Distribute books to the same group of children at regular intervals throughout the year. Each child selects one new book at each book distribution.
- Implement the reading activities described on the application.
- Pay a book share match of 55 cents per awarded book by Novemeber 1, 2013 unless other arrangements are made with Page Ahead
- Pay a matching fee of 55 cents per awarded book.
- Comply with a Page Ahead contract.
- Complete and return a feedback form.
- Not discriminate in the delivery of services. Please see our Non-Discrimination Policy.
Apply for Books
If your program meets these criteria, please request to be added to our mailing list. Instructions on accessing our application for the 2013-14 program year (September 1, 2013 - August 31, 2014) were mailed in the spring of 2013.
Contact us if you have questions regarding the Partner Site Application or the Book Distribution Program.