Frequently Asked Questions About Program Options
Where does Page Ahead get its books?
- Books are generated from donations made to Page Ahead through book drives. All of the books that we distribute are new.
- Organizations not receiving books from other sources may request up to three distributions per child from Page Ahead.
- Organizations receiving books from other sources may request distributions that, when combined with distributions from other sources, equal five. For example, an organization receiving three books per child from another source may apply for two book distributions from Page Ahead, for a combined total of five books per child.
- If your program is located within a one-hour drive of Page Ahead's North Seattle office, you pick up your books from the office. (Refer to mapquest.com to verify distance.)
- If you are located further than one hour's driving distance from Page Ahead's North Seattle office, you receive your books by UPS.
- After the first book distribution, you send a selection of thank-you notes written by children and staff members addressed to Page Ahead. These notes are sent to people who donate funds and books to Page Ahead as a touching and effective acknowledgment.
- You complete a feedback form once a year and return it to Page Ahead along with your application for the following year.
How many book distributions should I request on my application?
If approved, how will the books get to me?
What do I do after distributing books to kids?
Contact us if you have questions regarding the Partner Site Application or the Book Distribution Program.